1. MCM/ICM contest preparation
2. Thermal Transport Review Paper
3. Nanostructured Electrode Transport
- I have been working on the MCM/ ICM (The Mathematical Contest in Modeling and Interdisciplinary Contest in Modeling) held by COMAP in US. Taking part in this contest, I am trying to review and further improve my mathematics at the end of my college life. In another aspect, I am challenging a new topic.
- I noticed the newly released paper Nanoscale thermal transport. II. 2003–2012 by several renowned researchers in thermal transport field.It is a great guidepoint for me to further walk into this field. It had reviewed the interfacial transport, the phonon transport and nano material effects on it, and lastly the experimental advancement. The authors focused on the interfacial transport and offered me a better understanding of how this topic evolved. But unfortunately, I could not master the detailed information, so there is much more to prepare.
- I have been keep searching detailed research topics for my senior design. I found the paper Combined Microstructure and Heat Conduction Modeling of Heterogeneous Interfaces and Materials by Prof. Fisher gives a good modeling connecting the microstructure and continum theories of transport, which could help me on reserching transport in electrodes. Also, I found what I have learnt in Purdue , the Effective Medium Theories has been used again in this work. Everything is so wonderful!